Village Map Prototype
PLEASE READ: If you download this FREE prototype game map, please support us by sharing this on your favourite social media. Spread the word and we will be able to create more FREE prototype maps. Click a share button below, thank you!
The Prototype beginner village map is absolutely FREE, it can be used to demonstrate game engine, test game design, pitch a game idea, and appear absolutely beautiful.
Beginner Village RPG map is designed to use for starting home town, or village styled game map. It can be used directly or customised to suit your game. The map is a large 5120 x 5120 PSD file, objects on the map are separated into PSD layers, so you can remove trees you don't like, or place more trees on the map by copying from existing layers. The map is designed to have a natural walk path to all the buildings on the map, as well as defined entry and exit points into and from the map. See map landmark table for list of all buildings, all buildings also come as a seperate PNG sprite
- This is a prototype map it will contain PSD file with slight prototyping markings
- All buildings, trees and environmental props are 3D rendered with photoshop retouch.
- A 5 person team of over 200 man hours was used to complete this entire map
- This is NOT a tile map to be used in a tile engine, but rather a full image map.
- Layers are arranged in content categories like trees, props, shadows, grounds.
- There is an existing path designed in the map for characters to navigate through. You are free to also create your own arrangement of objects and path in the PSD file.
- Rearranging object is as easy as cutting out the object in the PSD layer and moving it, but changing overall landscape and path will require more effort.
Map landmarks and goals
This map is designed for RPG games with quests, there are several different landmarks
|- Black Smith
- Clock Tower
|- Water falls
- River through the village
- DIfferent entry and exit points on map
- small isle in the middle of river
Super Game Asset Content License
Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of these Terms, SGA grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to all resource purchased from SGA store, without the right to sublicense contents.
- You may use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon all purchased asset
- You may use one of the item in one single end product you or one client may sell to end users.
- You can charge your client to produce the single end product.
- Distribution of source files is NOT permitted.